Solar Energy Systems in California
Explore Solar websites!
A highly motivated individual established his company in June 11, 1979 as a licensed contractor with over 20 employees by the 1980’s. He has over 28 years of experience in electrical installations and design and is an IBEW certified Journeyman wireman. His experience and applications include new residential communities and multiunit commercial residential housing, as well as custom multimillion dollar estates. In the commercial and industrial applications he has worked at Applied Materials manufacturing plans installing large power systems and processing equipment. State and Federal projects from parks to City utility wiring.
He is currently under contract to install a 60 KW Senior Housing project in the Bay Area. Last year he completed a 30 KW system for a multi tenant housing project in San Mateo. Mark D. Thompson has endeavored to stay up to date of with the latest technologies in energy management design and build he is continuing his studies and education with the latest technologies as they become available on the market
Mark D. Thompson qualifications and experiences are further expanded upon as follows:
- Present he is CEO of Renewable Alternative Technologies Incorporated dba Ra Tech SOLAR a licensed Electrical and General Construction firm as well as a Solar C46.
- 5 full time employees on staff versed in electrical, to include solar installations, data and infrastructure wiring.
- A steady base line work designing and installing solar projects for several large solar retailers as well as his own turn key projects.
- He has been working in the Northern surrounding areas in a 300 mile radius, full time with several solar retailers and has gained a reputation as being one of the cleanest knowledgeable craftsmen out there. You can ask many of the local city inspectors for verification.
- His company averaging about 12 KW of installations per week.
- We have just completed a 30 KW commercial installation for The Floritas Senior Housing complex in San Mateo.
- Since he is a General Contractor as well as a Licensed Electrical Contractor, his scope of work is more versed in applications dealing with structural, framing and roofing applications.
- He is constantly upgrading his staff through workshops and training.
- What puts Ra Tech SOLAR in the forefront of other companies is their ability to perform all major trades in house and have the tools and equipment to do so. This gives them a competitive edge in the overall picture and the bottom line.
- Being a building contractor his knowledge encompasses design layout drawings and procures permits in house if needed.
- He has taken estimation courses in colleges, and has a greater advantage with hands on experience.
- He operates as a performing superintendent for quality control, project safety, and management oversight.
- Quality, the selection of the right materials not just the cheapest products for enduring systems, is what he stands behind and his many satisfied clients will attest to that.
With the new improvements in water heating systems from pools, domestic water heating and thermo hydronic radiant and the soon to be allocated rebates for solar thermo systems Mark Thompson is gearing up for this new market. He is reading the latest materials from manufactures and visiting local manufactures to keep current. There is always something to learn and teach. In addition to giving presentations and speaking with building departments to educate them about solar photovoltaic codes, Mark also does Home Shows and consulting to home owners. Because of the extensive experience Mark has in the field this is really a plus in dealing with new clients. Often sales people lack information to answer technical questions about systems and design. The unfortunate thing is many new companies are not hiring or staffing electricians and craftsman as the markets is becoming more competitive these companies often send out crews without North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified installers.
Mark Thompson is proud to be a NABCEP Certified installer. This marks a high level or diploma of achievement for the “trained” solar installer. As of November 2007, there have been 421 NABCEP certified PV installers in the United States. Mark is listed as number 42 in California. Current studies include passive solar and energy efficient building designs as well as energy saving lighting and HVAC.
Conclusion: He thinks that solar renewable energy is here to stay. This field will continue to grow and will need experienced people with proper training and skills. As the years move on Mark Thompson will continue to read everything he can to stay current and will be teaching on campuses, and workshops to the new workers in sustainable technologies.
Lidia's scope of involvement includes office management and sales. She finds herself in many building departments securing building permits and handles the ordering of materials including purchase orders and advertising.
She has a MBA and Masters degree in Economics. Being a member of the International Journalist Federation she was working as a full time journalist and public relations officer for an international Airline carrier in Europe.
Lidia and Mark were married in 2001. She has given her full dedication to the renewable alternative energy industry. Lidia continues to educate herself as well in workshops and in the field training including hands on installation.